Monday, September 10, 2007

How to make a Wildflower Bouquet



Here are my personal instructions. Feel free to modify or substitute as needed.

1.Have your husband wake you up at a God-awful hour on Saturday morning. You're going for a walk. "Walkies!!!"

    2.You can take a walking stick, but if you don't have a legitimate reason to use it, you run the risk of looking like a nerd.

3.Stop often to pick wildflowers along the way. This may interfere with the stated goal of the walk, which is brisk exercise, but "pour l'art, il faut sauffrir." (One must suffer for art, or something like that) I have picked wild sunflowers, chicory, Queen Anne's Lace, grasses and...um...other things.




4.Add some late roses and physostegia from the garden. (You might as well cut them, because the rest of the garden looks like crap anyway.)

    5.Voila! Maybe getting up early wasn't so bad after all!

7 comments:

  1. Oooops, I have no idea how the setting here got changed to disallow comments, but many thanks to all the wonderful people who emailed me! I was beginning to think that no one was reading! :)
    ~~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you got it all fixed now. As I told you in my email - my husband is a complete bear in the morning. Nasty man. So an early morning walk would be out of the question. But an evening walk could be just as romantic, right?

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! Your bouquet is beautiful! I have that very same vase! I love ole milk glass vases! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world. Your blog is delightful. This post was too funny!

    I love your bouquet and the milk glass vase. I have one too, but it is not real. Love that vase you have your walking sticks in too!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the "walk" and "making" the beautiful wildflower bouquet. You make it all sound so exciting!
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Bouquet!

    ~elaine~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bouquet beautiful... but I really love the soapstone? counters. I was desperate for them myself, but it was too complicated to get them to our small town. Oh yeah - and I was also too cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!