I feel so very fortunate to have become a part of such a friendly and supportive blogging community. Before I discovered blogging, I posted photos of my house on HGTV's Rate My Space. While there are many wonderful people posting and leaving comments there, there are also some rather nasty ones. Let me tell you, some of those people take the rating system WAY too seriously! And their comments could make Simon Cowell sound like Mr. Rodgers.
I found decorating blogs through Cindy, at My Romanic Home, who left a link to her site on her RMS pages. I was enchanted by her beautiful home and loved her friendly writing. I soon found others through her blogroll, including Kathy of Kathy's Cottage and Kim, at Daisy Cottage. I read their posts daily, left a few comments and, after several months, got up the nerve to start my own blog. And thus, stepped into many beautiful homes and met so many inspiring and wonderful people.
And now, Kathy has given me this wonderful award. Thank you so much, Kathy! Kathy was one of my very first inspirations, and I still enjoy visiting her every day. I would like to pass it on to Sue, at Rabbit Run Cottage, who was so kind to me when I first began blogging, and who never fails to leave such sweet comments that always brighten my day.
Thank you all, dear bloggers, many times over. You all brighten my life each and every day.
And I've been tagged by Rose, of Classic Charm, to play Christmas Hoopla -- here goes:
- I refuse to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving.
- It ususally takes me about two weeks to get the Christmas decorating done. Until it is done, my house is a total disaster area, with boxes and tissue paper all over!
- Growing up, I loved the old Christmas movies from the forties: Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, It's A Wonderful Life.
- I love to sing Christmas carols while I'm driving in the car (alone!).
- I hate writing Christmas cards.
- I love eggnog.
- Have you ever noticed that eggnog is a really weird word? Just stare at it for a few minutes -- you'll see what I mean.
- One year when we were first married, and living with my mom, we opened our presents right after midnight mass. It seemed so magical, in the dark with the tree lights twinkling. Then we had kids, and opened them at 5am -- still in the dark, but somehow not so magical.
- I always make sure that each of my kids has the same number of presents under the tree. This usually entails some frantic, last-minute shopping. You'd think I'd learn, and start earlier, but no.
- I love watching my kids open their presents, even now when they are 20 and 16. It's the best part of Christmas.
- I'm always dreaming of a white Christmas.
- I don't like the actual task of taking down the Christmas decorations, but I love how airy and open the house feels when they're gone. Does that sound weird?
RULES: 1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas.2. Please refer to it as hoopla and not the dreaded m-word.3 According the the creator, Andrea, you must specifically tag your people. There's none of this saying, "if you're reading this consider yourself tagged.4. Hurry, Christmas is coming and Andrea would like as many people to get involved in this as possible so it can make the rounds and we can read 12 things about everyone and Christmas. I tag the following friends to join in the Christmas Hoopla!
Stephanie, of The Hearts of Hartman
Debbie, of The Shady Spot
Judy, of Gracious Southern Living
Remember, be sure to drop by and leave a comment on Saturday, December 22nd. I'll be celebrating my 100th post, and giving away a few goodies!