Wednesday, March 9, 2011

But still...



Can I tell you how happy I am to see this single snowdrop? I wish I had a whole field of them. In fact, I think I will put a reminder in my calendar to buy a whole lot more this fall... :)


This has been an extraordinarily hard winter -- so much snow, so many grey days, and the entire months of January and February overtaken by illness... Oh, I know that we in New Jersey have not had as hard a time of it as other parts of the country, and I do appreciate the fact that spring would not be as sweet had we not had such a hard winter.

But still.


This little blossom has had it's photograph taken so much that it must feel like a celebrity. :)

Sometimes, I feel like a broken record. Sometimes I feel like a spoiled child. After all, there are so many people, all over the world, who have so much more to bear... surely I can live with a few months of darkness.

But still.

I am so very grateful for the longer days, the warmth of the sun, the swelling buds... for each and every sign of the new life that thrums from deep within the earth. And yes, I know that sounds like so much New Age crap.


But still. :)

*********

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

20 comments:

  1. Mary ~ I know exactly how you feel. I am excited every time I see buds on the trees. Oh spring ~ ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day is a little brighter! I don't have any snowdrop flowers, I think I'm going to look for them this fall:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur sweet snowdrop is the harbinger of things to come! A promise of the days you long for. Me too! Spring can't come soon enough. I just saw a lawn full of crocus' yesterday. What deligt!
    No one takes a more artful image than you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't sound like that to me! We've all had a hard winter and we're all feeling the strain. Don't you worry about being delighted with a single snowdrop. And the good thing is, Mary, you always share your joys. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But still, I love your post today. Went over to your friend's site...oh my, oh my. What pure delight! I'd pick the red transferware. My kitchen is in blue and yellow now but I could use red in the dining room. That pattern is just lovely. So, can you put my name into the hat for the giveaway? Thanks. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just have to love that lone sweet snowdrop. "She" is a bearer of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous light. i am grateful the early spring here and the rain...even though i'm wishing it away today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That solitary snowdrop is a harbinger of things to come. How lovely she is, standing so brave and alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I just love those first few - BRAVE - flowers to pop out. It looks like so much hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful little snowdrop, reminding us that winter won't last forever. And that Spring is full of promise.
    the wanna be country girl - Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore snowdrops, they aren't the usual garden flower that you see and I think they are so charming. Every Spring I tell myself I'm going to plant some and every fall I forget. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ho...the snowdrop is precious and I so wish to see one in my garden but I live a wee bit further north than you so...I wait and WAIT! Love a lil New Age jargon ever once in awhile....Sophie's Dad Ron Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. But still...be still my heart! These photos are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can not wait to see some these popping up around here! Tired of the rain...but rain showers bring the flowers, right?
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  15. OhMyGosh, you must be over the moon. I have some struggling down in the woodland garden. Not up enough to have endless photos taken. We are getting more snow tonight, so maybe a couple of days before I see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know how you feel. It is so wonderful to see spring popping up all around. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't spring just the best. Every day right now there's a new miracle, and I can't wait to see what unfolds next.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You took so many beautiful photos! Simple and just elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!